Thursday, March 5, 2009

Phoenix Rising

I truely am grateful for so many things. It was a glorious day, still a bit chilly out but the sun was warm and welcoming. I am tired of the winter and look forward to the coming spring and the hot sticky days of summer. I went about my day, immersed in the details of work...planning, thinking....a productive well-spent day. As I drove home I was wholly contented with the joyous normalacy of my life. A pleasant home, a devoted and caring husband, a beautiful and lovely daughter, a complilation of all good things.

Looking back on the chasm that once was I never saw this coming, but guard my gifts with ferocious intent. It is way too wonderful not to. I look back to see how far I have come. I am a long way from where I used to be. As I nestle next to the wide shoulders of my sleeping husband I am again comforted. A simple pleasure but greatly satisifying. Home is finally a peaceful place.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment